Gambling don't: What not to do
- Don't be afraid to bet. If you are not up to it, don't gamble.
- Donít try to impress people by betting more than you can afford.
- Don't drink and gamble.
- Don't gamble if you feel tired.
- Don't increase your bets to try to recover losses.
- Don't take your check book, ATM card, credit or debit card to the casino.
- Don't be greedy; if you lose what you have just won, you are.
- Don't gamble more than your set limit.
- Don't stay beyond what you have set out to do.
- Never quit after a win.
- When you win a lot, don't think it's easy. It may feel that way but it never is.
- Don't bet more than you can afford especially on a new game or a game that you don't know all the rules of.
Submitted by visitors
- Don't lose your winnings. Leave when you are up. For example; if up $50, leave. There is a $100 difference if you then lost and were down $50.
- Don't always go for the home run...remember...the tortoise always wins the race.
- Don't play scared. If your bankroll has gotten too low for your approach, walk away with what's left.
- Just be smart. Let common sense take over, don't think with your money, think with your mind.
- In horse racing, don't bet in every race. You can't beat the system. Pick
and choose your bets for the day after careful reasoning and stick to your
- Don't play without a system, any system! Unless you play for fun.
- As a beginner, don't try to master all the games at first, learn how to play well 1 or 2 games...
- Don't ask casino employees for the "Hot Slot." They dont know any more than you which machine is the best. If you happen to ask the Cocktail waitress for advice and, by chance, she puts you on a hot machine don't forget to tip her.
- Don't go into a game without a set goal. Do what it takes to achieve your goal and quit when you have achieved it.
- If you are really serious about making an effort to "beat the odds" or gamble at races, casino games, or OTB betting:
a) Do not take your wife or friends with you; they will only distract you from your concentration and target goal(s).
b) Drink AFTER winning when you are done gambling, NOT BEFORE.
c) Take limited cash only with you. No cards, no checkbook; no extra temptation to go on beyond your means at hand.
- Don't go to the casino with a bad feeling, or with a person who belives that they have bad luck! Your attitude can affect your results immensly.
- You will not get rich from gambling, so just do it for fun, NEVER to make money.
- Don't compile your gambling sessions; if you get beat up real bad today don't be intimidated to sit down at the table tomorrow, or take the time to clear the sting from your mind. On the same note just cause you slayed the mighty casino dragon today, don't think that when you come back next time you're still on a hot streak. Basically EVERY time you sit down start fresh in your head.
- In all in Hold 'em Poker don't get frustrated by slow plodding players - stay with them and wait for your chance, otherwise they'll whittle you down mentally making you go for the big (and wrong) call!
Great gambling site
Use the "Main Menu" on the right margin to explore this site. This is a great comprehensive gambling website with advice on winning, how to gamble, betting strategies, gamblers information and tips, world land-based casinos directory and the primary listing of the best online casinos.
Topics covered include game rules, how to play, how to win, winning strategy, betting systems, gambling tips, glossary (terminology), on: Blackjack, Roulette, Poker classic and variants, Craps, Slots and Videopoker, Baccarat, Keno, Lottery, Powerball, Bingo, Sports betting, Horse racing, Greyhound racing, and other new games.
This is the gambling website with lots of information and resources as well as helpful advice and frequent updates thanks to your helpful feedback.
Live poker sites
Search il dado
Ask il dado
Join il dado
Rate il dado
About il dado
Contact il dado
Home ¨ Start here!
Handy jump links